***2017/18 Update: Product Is Currently Unavailable***
***CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT AN ALTERNATIVE SHARPENER***
Before diving into the pros and cons, let’s look at a brief summary of LINKYO. LINKYO are an American company providing solutions to a variety of problems since 2002. Their product range varies from wallets to knife sharpeners and other home solutions. What does this mean from a consumer standpoint? It means that their focus is not entirely on knife sharpening. Click here to check out LINKYO’s website.
- Portable, Compact, Sleek Design – I am not sure if this deserves to be a pro, so i’ll leave it to you to decide. The LINKYO knife sharpener is about 2.5 x 7 x 2.5 inches and weighs in at only 0.75 pounds making it light and compact. It’s stainless steel body adds for a cool finish, making this knife sharpener a perfect fit for any kitchen.
- Customer Service – LINKYO and Motion Trend take customer service seriously. It’s always great to see a company striving to satisfy the consumers and going the extra mile in trying to make it right.
- Biased Reviews – Whenever I review a product, I am interested to also see what others think about it. Doing a google search will give you a good idea on how a product stacks up against the competition, but one should exercise caution. When reading the reviews for the LINKYO knife sharpener, I quickly noticed that a majority of the positive reviews were from consumers who received the product at a free or discounted rate in exchange for their review. It’s funny how all these people had not a single bad thing to say about this sharpener! Do not base your decision on misleading write-ups/reviews.
- Sharpening Stages Are Unmarked – The LINKYO knife sharpener features 3 stage sharpening slots: coarse, medium and fine. To correctly locate the stages you need to refer to the instruction manual, as the sharpening slots on the device are not labelled or identified. This isn’t a a huge deal, but it can be frustrating if you don’t use the sharpener too much.
- Ease Of Use – There have been a number of sharpeners I have reviewed that are easy to use. This is not one of them! The problem with the LINKYO knife sharpener is that you need to hold the device down while making passes on the sharpening slot. It’s cylindrical design certainly doesn’t make this any easier! It would have been nice to have some sort of suction at the bottom to negate this problem.
There are no reviews yet.